Cafe open Tue–Sat 11.00–18.00 (last admission 17.30)
Closed Monday, Sunday and on national holidays (see end of page).
3 euros (concessions 2€)
ENJOY THE HISTORY
In front of the Maiden Tower the story of the city of Tallinn began in the summer of 1219. This is where the legend of the oldest national flag in Europe – the DANNEBROG – originates. Engaged in the fierce and glorious battles to defend the city (1577) the tower later was turn into apartment house, the home for important people and an studio for artists.
In 1970s the tower was restored and a popular café was opened in the building. In 2012 the café-museum was opened.
GUIDED TOURS in English
IN THE MAIDEN TOWER AND THE DANISH KING’S GARDEN
Tickets: 5 / 3.50 euros
THROUGH THE TOWERS AND THE BASTION TUNNELS
Includes Neitsitorn (the Maiden Tower) and the neighbouring cannontower Kiek in de Kök. Get a good panoramic view of the Tallinn town, walk along the city wall parapet all through the Maiden Tower and Kiek in de Kök cannon tower down to the bastion tunnels. Get to know the fortifications from the 14th to the 17th centuries.
Tickets: 12/7 euros
Guided tours have to be booked in advance either by phone (+372) 6012 751 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum number of persons: 4
The tour starts from the Maiden Tower and ends at the exit the bastion tunnels near Vabaduse väljak (Freedom Square).
WHERE TO FIND US:
Neitsitorn is closed on public holidays:
- 1 January
- 24 February
- 14 and 16 April (2017)
- 1 May
- 15 May (2017)
- 23—24 June
- 20 August
- 24—26 December
- 31 December
The museum – cafe closes 3 hours earlier on days preceding public holidays in 2017:
- 23 February
- 22 June
- 23 December
- 31 December
Lossi plats 11/Lühike jalg 9a, 10130 Tallinn
Tel (+372) 6 012 751