Come celebrate your birthday with the Fairy or Astronomer in our sunny tower house in the Kadriorg Park! On your birthday a fun surprise awaits you at the museum.
Birthday of a curious child with the The Astronomer
Birthday for kids interested in stars, planets and space.
For ages 6–11 years
Program duration 40–45 min (the program is included in the 2 hours of the birthday room booking). In addition to this, all birthday guests get to stay at the museum until the closing time (in the summer months Tue–Sun until 5 p.m.).
Contact phone number +372 601 7057, e-mail
The Astronomer leads the birthday party folk to the museum’s Observatory where they can get acquainted with the planets of our solar system. In the Observatory each child can make their own small “Leaflet of Planets”, in which they can glue into all the nine planets and their description, to make sure that they won’t forget anything interesting about the planets.
Birthday with the Butterfly-Fairy
Birthday for kids who love handicrafts and playing.
For ages 3–8 years
Program duration 30–40 min (the program is included in the 2 hours of the birthday room booking). In addition to this, the birthday party guests can stay in the museum until the museum closes (in the summer months Tue–Sun until 5 p.m.).
Contact phone number +372 601 7057, e-mail
The tiniest kids get to make small butterflies and play fun games with their parents and the Butterfly-Fairy. Older kids are taken to the Observatory where there is a small surprise waiting for them. More towards the end of the birthday one can make a lovely fairy for oneself.
The price (€150) includes:
• Museum tickets for up to 20 children. If there are more than 20 children, double fee will be charged for the birthday party. Please kindly note that for every 5 children there needs to be at least one adult who is responsible for the welfare of the children during the party. Tickets for the adults are also included in the price.
• Use of a separate room for 2 hours ( the birthday program is included in this). If the party time exceeds the 2 hour duration, the hourly rate for the use of space is added to the price.
• Birthday invitations (max 20 pieces). You will receive them in advance from the ticket cashier of our museum. Please note! If you cancel your reservation, we kindly ask you to return the invitations or pay for the birthday invitations (50 cents per piece).
• An exciting program at the museum exposition.
• Two jugs of lemonade.
• Use of dishes for 24 people (cups, cake plates and forks, plus kettle and coffee machine).
• The possibility to park one car of the birthday child’s family next to the museum building (at the end of Koidula Street). Guests can park their cars either in Kadriorg Stadium parking lot (2.5 hours free) or in the free parking lot by KUMU, according to the traffic rules of the city.
Book your birthday party via phone +372 601 7057 or via e-mail
Times we can celebrate your birthday (summer months):
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sat, Sun 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Important to know
• The birthday room is made available for making preparations 15 minutes before the party.
• During the party, the parents should keep an eye on the children in the exhibit halls, instruct and assist them, if necessary.
• You can bring your own food and drinks with you. Please note that alcohol is not consumed in our house.
• Only regular cake candles may be used in the museum (volcanic candles are prohibited for fire and safety reasons).
• Parents will help their children with the searching game.
• Please take off your shoes and wear socks or indoor footwear in our building.
• Strollers can be left in the special covered area on the outdoor terrace of the museum, which is designated for this purpose. Please bring a bike lock to attach your stroller to the wall. If necessary, locks can also be borrowed from our information desk.
• If you decide to invite performers (musicians, face painters, circus, etc.) to the party, please notify the museum in advance.
• There are also other museum-goers visiting the museum. The birthday party guests should behave properly and politely in the exhibit halls so that the children remain happy, the museum exhibits intact, and everyone can enjoy a pleasant and memorable visit to the museum!